Friday, February 1, 2008
What is Art?
I think it is in the eye of the beholder just as beauty is......There are certain things most people would agree upon, but the grey area is what is interesting.I had a brother in law that just passed away that was a tattoo artist. He really thought all of his work (I agree some of it was) was art. To a kindergarten student's mom, the paper glued with macaroni is art because it bestows emotion and means something to them.I think art should really help people feel, think, and question their sense of reality. It can influene culture and society, being influences, or have nothing to do with anything going on currently. It is such a personal experience to share your intepretation of something that is special to you. If it does this with a group of people, then it is probably art.This question is so interesting and can conger up a lot of discussion but reminds me of the "chicken vs. the egg" question.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment